At Lonely Pets Club, we support “Adoption Is The First Option”. There are thousands of pets around the country in pounds, d shelters and with foster carers needing new homes, so if you are looking for a new furry friend to join your family, we highly recommend you consider adopting a pet who is desperately needing a forever home.
However, adopting a companion animal is not a decision that should be taken lightly. Anyone considering adopting a companion animal should seriously consider the lifelong commitment involved. Dogs may live 12-15 years and cats 15-18 years or more. If you are prepared to give your pet love, shelter, companionship, exercise, medical care for its entire life, then please consider looking at the websites below.
Below are some rescue groups, directories and shelters you can view, call or visit.
- www.petshaven.com.au – A Pro-Life Animal Shelter in Woodend, Victoria, Australi
- www.petrescue.com.au – A directory of pets needing new homes, covering most States of Australia
- www.adoptapet.com.au – RSPCA’s web search
- www.victoriandogrescue.org.au – lots of beautiful pets looking for homes
- http://www.edgarsmission.org.au/ – a rescue group in Victoria for farm animals
- http://www.bfarescue.com.au/ – rescue group in WA
There are also many breed rescue groups around the country, such as:
- www.fetchingdogs.com.au – bull-breed dogs in NSW
- http://www.pugrescue.org.au/ – pugs in Victoria
- http://www.staffordrescuevictoria.org.au/ – staffy’s in Victoria
- www.greyhoundrescue.com.au – private greyhound rescue group in NSW
- www.friendsofthehound.com.au – a greyhound rescue group in Northern NSW/Southern Queensland
- http://www.amazinggreys.com.au – a private greyhound resuce group in Victoria
There are many others, all doing a wonderful job in finding homes for deserving pets, so if you can’t see what you’re looking for above, just jump on-line and do some googling!
Giving a pet a new life might just be the best thing you do for yourself and a pet in need